the essence of the string



A string dangling in the vast distance sways in a small, balmy breeze. Its attachment is apparent and yet this tiny fiber seems endless; without beginning or end. None but an individual with an unambiguous eye can view the tiny twine. It dances in the deep dark night, swinging free and radiant. Enchantment surrounds. Although small, the cord is so very strong- holding two as one without either vessel in sight or reach. I look out onto my minds' eye, crossing the breeze on my finger tips. Unexpectedly this day I come to the thread; desperately feeling for a solitary piece of this link. But just as swiftly as we join, I must let go. There are everlasting moments of just the warm wind against my hand, leaving me seemingly reaching for nothing -- with no connection in sight... But soon, very soon -it will be worth the wait. And so I linger. The gentle wind changes temperature and night starts a short time sooner. Pacing. Wondering- waiting. Suddenly, the filament is in my grasp without warning- joy and peace return. The union is so unreal, so special it is worth the wait and doubt for this one minuscule moment that unites the soul to it's mate.

Comments

Popular Posts